Crossing Made Easy

Really - it's easy! But, please be aware that the new proof of citizenship laws are now in effect. U.S. and Canadian citizens need either a passport or one of several other accepted forms of I.D. to drive to and from Windsor and Detroit. If you don't have one, you should apply for a passport now, so you'll be ready to cross the border any time you want. It really is that easy.

You can get more information at

Or you can call for information:
Canadians: 1-800-461-9999 (English), 1-800-959-2036 (French)
United States: 1-877-227-5511

You can still come to Windsor, Essex County and Pelee Island any time. Just bring along the proper ID, and you're good to go - and get back home, too!

Make sure you bring your passport, and keep your crossing easy!

For More Info: As things change, we'll keep our website updated
so you've always got easy access to the most up-to-date information.
For more information about Windsor, Essex County & Pelee Island: